1. The questions are assigned to Computer Ji in real time, by the main tech guy who sits with his Mac on the floor near Big B. The difficulty level is changed as per the contestant’s performance.
2. Season 2 was cut short because of Big B’s health ailments, and that was the reason behind SRK hosting the third season.
3. One has to pass through three elimination rounds — the first SMS round, a second personal call GK round and a third audition — before one qualifies for Fastest Fingers First.
4. If you ask for an autograph of Amitabh Bachchan, the crew will take away your autograph book and will not return it back.
5. After Fastest Finger First, they cut the scene to apply makeup on the contestant who wins their chance at the hot seat.
6. Under-18 folks have to sit near the camera, as they are not supposed to be visible. Unless they are a part of the family of the Hot Seat contestant.
7. In its earlier seasons, the shoot used to face disturbances due to pigeons, and used to remain suspended until the crew made sounds with rods to chase them away.
8. 30% income tax is deducted on the spot. So, ₹1 crore winners actually receive ₹70 lakhs.
9. The set of popular TV serial Tarak Mehta Ka Ulta Chashma is also close by and the well-known Gokul Dhaam society is visible from the common road.
10. Mr. Amitabh Bachchan’s wardrobe amounts to over ₹10 lakhs per episode.
11. The contestants, whether they have lost, won, or quit, are not allowed to leave the set until the full shoot is over. There is a cabin near the set where they all are made to sit.
12. Amitabh Bachchan makes sure he has enough information about the background of each contestant. So, after arriving on the sets, he first goes to a cabin to do his groundwork.
13. Contrary to popular belief, Mr. Bachchan doesn’t know the correct answer prior to locking the answer.
14. Big B enters slightly from the right and, since the camera focuses on the background, it seems as if he enters from a separate path.