Juuzou Suzuya is one of the enigmatic characters in the Tokyo Ghoul. Since their art is weird stitches on his body, he also has many sources on tarot cards. So, here’s the list featuring many unknown facts and information about this unique Tokyo Ghoul character.
Check out Interesting Things about Tokyo Ghoul’s Investigator Juuzou Suzuya
1. Juuzou Suzuya is a special class ghoul investigator who also went by the name “Rei Suzuya”. His first partner was Yukinori Shinohara who he looked up as a father.
2. We see that he has stitches all over his body, below his right eye, neck and several more around his arm. It was also seen that he is the one who stitches his own body, he sees it as a body modification.
3. He was a cold-blooded killer until he met Shinohara. According to Yukinori Shinohara, he is a problematic child. Even with a twisted personality, he has good skill and he showed no hesitation to kill someone.
4. Because of the Big Madam’s treatment, he no longer feels fear nor pain. He has no sense of any right or wrong, he has no morals left. He will take any opponent head-on no matter how dangerous they are. This was shown when he decided to take on the owl alone.
5. He has no emotions, he doesn’t even feel empathy. However, when he sees that his father figure Shinohara was beaten to death he suddenly felt how important he is to him and he unleashes a cry of anguish.
6. After Yukinori Shinohara has been comatose he expressed more dedication to his work even told Big Madam that he will kill her personal grudges aside, but because it was his duty to exterminate ghouls.
7. Speaking of Big Madam, she was a powerful and influential ghoul who has connections on the black market. Big Madam raised Juuzou as a human pet and was subjected to extensive abuse causing Juuzou to develop a somewhat erratic personality. Juuzou was trained to perform the circus, but the audience was ghouls.
8. He became a scrapper on a Ghoul Restaurant. Ghoul Restaurant is a secret society of Ghouls whose members are part of the higher class society. They lure unsuspecting humans guests to the restaurant where the human will be trapped in a new slave called scrapper. Juuzou being a scrapper, he is forced to kill the humans.
9. Big Madam dresses him as a girl fearing that his puberty would change him and that he would go ugly, and not be pleasing to the show. Big Madam made a decision, she performed a castration with a hammer and he was forced to live as a girl.
10. When he was rescued the investigators commended his agility, flexibility, and reflexes. However, due to his personality, they refused him to join the CCG to which Shinohara disagreed stating that Juuzou was a victim and deserved a second chance.
11. The chairman of CCG appointed him to run three investigators when he turned 19. He was also given the chance to choose his own name, he decided on Juuzou Suzuya, his alias at the scrapper.
12. During the attack on the Aogiri hideout, he infiltrates the building he was also the one who killed Yamori. However, Yamori is already severely injured by Ken Kaneki because of their previous fight.
13. He was promoted as Associate Special Class and he was given the command and to choose his own squad in the 13th ward.
14. During the auction, he disguises as a girl so he can get inside Big Madam’s location. When Uta announces a special item for sale which is actually Juuzou, he repeatedly stabbed Uta in the face.