Last month, Reliance Jio had declared that March 31 will be the last date to avail Jio Prime Membership. However, new reports suggest that this might not be the case. According to a report by TeleAnalysis, the offer might extend until April 30.
There has been no official confirmation from Reliance Jio. The report too, mentions that the decision is still not final. It suggests that Reliance has only reached half of its target Prime membership amounting to around 22-27 million users.
With over a hundred million subscribers and just a weeks’ time left to subscribe, the company might miss its target if the date is not extended.Competitors like Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, and even BSNL have launched offers with a similar deadline.
If Reliance Jio extends the availability of Prime membership, other operators might have to extend their own offers too. With just a few days to go, the decision will soon be made clear.
The Prime membership will let users avail the exclusive offers from Jio. The users can choose from offers ranging from Rs 19 to Rs 9,999. The Rs 303 offer will let subscribers continue with the current Happy New Year data plan.
Here are some key points about Reliance Jio’s Prime membership:
- All Jio members can enroll prime membership for a one time fee of Rs 99
- Jio Prime Members can get this tremendous value at an introductory price of only Rs 303/month, effectively just Rs 10/day
- So far, according to the company’s stance, enrollment for Prime membership will last until March 31
- Jio prime members can continue to enjoy unlimited benefits of New Year offer for another 12 months until March 31, 2018
- Customers who don’t join Prime membership will continue to have all voice calls free and without any roaming charges.
- Reliance Jio, meanwhile, has crossed 100-million subscribers, in less than six months of its launch. Jio had crossed 50 million subscribers in just 83 days, adding at an average rate of 6 lakh subscribers per day and surpassing the subscriber addition rates of global giants like Facebook, WhatsApp, and Skype.