Rasika Dugal is a successful Indian actress in the Bollywood industry who has made a name for herself. Together with Irrfan Khan and Tillotama Shome, she also starred in the Indian-German drama film Qissa. She has appeared in several soap operas in India as well.
Here are some fascinating details about the actress Rasika Dugal, who has been one of the industry’s great talents.
1. Rasika Dugal was born and raised in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, in the Circuit House district.
She was very good at learning and graduated from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi, in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics.
2. Little do you know that the actress attended Sophia Polytechnic for her post-graduate diploma in social media and FTII for her acting post-graduate diploma.
3. Rasika Dugal married Mukul Chadda, an Indian actor, in 2010.
4. In 2007, with the movie titled Anwar in which she played a character role, Rasika began her acting career.
In 2008, she made her Bollywood debut with the movie titled Tahaan.
5. Dugal specifically said in an interview that she loves the popularity and attention she gets after making these web series.
“On the contrary, she said,” I get great joy and pleasure from working in the digital medium, as I not only work constantly but also have such a range of positions. All were well-reviewed by Delhi Crime, Mirzapur and Made in Heaven and were a hit with the audience. These gave me more variety and exposure than my movies, which were never mainstream or blockbusters. I still don’t differentiate between films, television, and digital. When it’s convincing, I’ll be part of a plot. It doesn’t matter to the medium.’
6. Rasika Dugal was also part of Kismat, the popular YRF TV series. She played the Lubna role opposite Rahul Bagga in the film.
7. Rasika made a cameo appearance in the 2017 release of the film Tu Hai Mera Sunday.
The film, which stars Vishal Malhotra, Barun Sobti, Nakul Bhalla, Shahana Goswami, Jay Upadhyay, and Avinash Tiwary, can be viewed on Netflix.
8. In the movie Hamid, Rasika impresses everyone with her performance.
She won the Best Actor Award at the International Film Festival in Rajasthan for her mesmerising performance.
9. After playing the layered figure of Beena Tripathi in the Amazon Prime Video web series Mirzapur,
Rasika became popular among Indian audiences. Beena Tripathi is Kaleen Bhaiya’s second wife, played by Pankaj Tripathi. Her attitude in season two is supposed to be interesting.
10. She said in her own words, “I found Beena Tripathi very fascinating because she is completely different from me.
I found her very complex, maybe because I played her.” She had a trillion plans and plots always going on in her mind. “She added,” She’s the kind of person who may not be very good-looking but stunning drop-dead, but when she enters the room, there’s something attractive about her. I wanted to feel being.
11. In the movie Hamid, Rasika Dugal was praised for her looks and acting.
However, she suggested to the makers that they would better cast a Kashmiri actress for her role in the film when she was approached to play the lead character.
12. Rasika is a graduate of mathematics and it is a total shift for her to turn to acting.
She narrated her journey with a storey to be an actress. “She recalled,” I opened the FTII newspaper on a boring day in the office to restart their acting course, and figured it would be a fun course to do. It was this 21-year-old non-strategic force. I realised that this was what I wanted to do for a very long time, about six months into the course. It was one of those moments in life when, like never before, you feel like you have found a bond.
13. Rasika pointed out that in the movie Qissa, she collaborated with Irrfan Khan and Tisca Chopra.
She was pretty sure later about the kind of scripts she wanted to make. She said, ‘There’s a lot of things. The priority of that list is constantly evolving.
14. She stressed the five significant things she considered before playing any character.
- Is it a compelling story?
- Is it being told sensitively?
- Is my role in the story exciting to me as an actor?
- Will it give me something new to do?
- And of course, the kind of people and team that I am working with is very important.
“She also responded to these requirements by saying,” Since I feel we are expected to be vulnerable as actors, it is a part of our work. So you should value the room in which you are vulnerable, otherwise, it’s not worth it.