Re-watching our favourite movies might help us tune out our anxieties when we are worried or have challenges in our lives. Knowing who the villain is or that the big romantic kiss is coming up can be soothing, especially for folks who are anxious. However, viewing the same movie over and over can become tedious after a while, and an excellent plot surprise would be if the characters in the movies aged with time.
That’s why, with the help of our Photoshop experts, we compared how vintage movies would look if they were re-shot today with the same performers, but aged. Warning: you’re about to be hit by a wave of nostalgia.
1. Top Gun (1986) — Kelly McGillis and Tom Cruise
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) — Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet
3. Seven (1995) — Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman
4. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) — Sean Astin and Elijah Wood
5. The Godfather (1972) — Al Pacino
6. Léon (1994) — Jean Reno and Natalie Portman
7. P.S. I Love You (2007) — Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler
8. Maid in Manhattan(2002) — Jennifer Lopez and Ralph Fiennes
9. Something’s Gotta Give (2003) — Keanu Reeves and Diane Keaton
10. The Silence of the Lambs(1991) — Scott Glenn and Jodie Foster
11. The Legend of Zorro (2005) — Catherine Zeta-Jones and Antonio Banderas
Which of these films would you like to see remade? Do you believe they’d be as good as the originals?
Preview photo credit Columbia Pictures/Courtesy Everett Collection/East News, face to face/FaceToFace/REPORTER/East News, Invision/Invision/East News