You can do morning exercises that will put you in good physical and mental condition for the rest of your day. And there’s no need for intense exercise torment to yourself. You can do some quick and simple exercises, even in morning bed. This will make you wake up feeling full of energy and new.
Butterfly pose is an excellent position to help you feel more balanced, relax, meditate and overall.
- Exhale and bend your knees whilst laying on your back. Place your feet to your pelvis.
- They should touch each other’s feet.
- Place your stomach with one hand, and your chest with one hand.
- Inhale for a few seconds, hold your breath, and exhale slowly.
- Repeat twice.
2. Plank for strength
Plank is very potent. It strengthens the abdominals, back and shoulders:
- Get in the upper push-up position, balancing on your forearms, rather than your hands.
- Lift your body from your head to your feet to make a straight line.
- Keep the screen for 20 seconds, then breathe continuously.
- Lie down for 30 seconds.
- Repeat three times.
3. Happy baby pose
The happy baby pose helps spread the legs and strengthen the back. It’s very easy.
- Lay it on your back.
- Lift your knees on the mattress while you hold your hips on.
- Bring your feet around the wide toe area and start pulling down your knees towards your ears.
- Stay on for 5 to 10 breaths in this pose.
Half-bridge will increase and stretch your whole body:
- Lying on your back, put your feet in the pillow, knees bent. The legs should be segregated from the hip-width.
- Lift your tailbone and push it to a straight line until your body does.
- Pause for 30 seconds, keep your tailbone lifted, then lower slowly.
- Repeat three times.
5. Leg lifts
Leg lifting will strengthen your abs and hip muscles and increase your circulation:
- Lie flat on your back. You should have your arms straight by your sides.
- Lift your right leg and hold the exhalation until the leg and hip form an angle of 90 degrees.
- Lower the leg, slowly.
- Repeat 10 times per leg.
6. Train your neck and shoulders
Nowadays it is important to take more care of our neck and shoulders because we spend a lot of time in front of the computer. The easiest exercise is to tilt your head with your hand on different sides, holding your neck with the other hand, as shown in drawing number 1 above. You can also play with:
- Sit down, put your back straight and raise your left hand above your ear.
- Bend it at the elbow so your left hand is above your head, near to your right ear.
- Take the left elbow, and begin to move it to the side. Hold for 20 seconds on the stretch.
- Repeat to each hand 3 times.
7. Finish with breathing through your nose
This exercise will help you maintain a comfortable and peaceful state and get in contact with your body: 1. Lay in bed on your back.
- Let your body relax.
- Start to breathe through your nose while doing a self-massage all over your body.
Have you ever tried doing morning exercise? Do you think it can improve your mood? Share your experiences and advice with us, please!