We get that impression when we look at celebrities that they were born famous. Although very few individuals in their infancy become an international phenomenon (except royal family members). Celebrities used to be regular people who were going to their proms, having fun with their friends and hanging out in local pubs. And for missing such a good opportunity, many people who were lucky enough to go out with them on a date are now kicking themselves. Ok, they have at least one interesting story to tell.
- My aunt had lived with Leonardo DiCaprio on the same street when she was a girl. He was the very first kid she ever kissed. When my aunt was 12 years old and DiCaprio was 13, it happened in the school gym. He was a very sweet guy to what I knew. My aunt lost contact with him when he started performing the leading roles in films. © Andyjams / Write.
- I went around 5-6 years ago on 2 dates with Emilia Clarke. She was genuinely sweet and funny. Things between us (obviously) weren’t working out but I wish they did. © GunSPB / Reddit.
- My mom turned her back on Brad Pitt in an Irish restaurant. He had just landed his part in Thelma & Louise, so he was recognised just for the ad on his Levi. Yet my mum didn’t have any idea who he was. He asked her to buy a drink and she declined. He told her he was a model for Levi and she declined again. She actually feels sorry about that now. © juno-f / Reddit.
- My friend went with Natalie Portman on a few dates when, about 2002, they were both at Harvard University. He said that she was honest, extraordinarily down to earth and quite engaging. © ICanhearyou4444/Meditation.
- In the 1990s my mother had a dinner date with George Clooney. She has not really said anything apart from being an interesting and charismatic person. She really didn’t think he would ever become famous. © NardClump / Redeview.
- My boyfriend had been with Rosario Dawson on a date. They met with each other through a mutual friend. And any time I feel like I’m not good enough, or we get into an argument, I just call out: “Why don’t you go back to Rosario?! “© Author Unknown / Reddit.
- I have a family friend who dated Daniel Radcliffe. I was 7 at the time when they dated, and a huge Harry Potter fan. I don’t remember much, aside from the fact that he was a really sweet guy. On my 8th birthday, my family friend asked Daniel to write me a personal happy birthday message despite having never met me. And he did! Absolutely made it the best birthday ever. © eveisannoying / Reddit
- A few times in London my dad brought out Kylie Minogue for the drinks. It seems they couldn’t do it because an age difference was too high. © Author unknown / Reddit.
- My friend’s sister-in-law was jogging out when some man came up and started to jog with her. They talked about unrelated stuff like a movie that was being shot nearby at the time. After a little bit of that, he said: “Oh, by the way, I hope you’ll like the movie.” They were filming “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and only later did she realize it was Harrison Ford. © Reddit / s-exorcism.
- My college cousin dated Jamie Lee Curtis. He said she was really nice. They’ve been along for a while. But after they had finished college they went in separate directions. © Reddit / TipToeThruLife.
- Back in high school, my mom dated Keanu Reeves. She broke up with him, because at the time he was too focused with his friends on his band. Yeah, if only … © Reddit / Tacedownhisshield
- My sister went with Vince Vaughn on a couple of dates while he was recording The Break-Up in Chicago. She said he’s kind of nice and goofy. She stopped listening when he began dating Jennifer Aniston. © Bilfres43/ Redeview.
- My friend turned Jennifer Connelly aside. She spent the summertime in a small town on Long Island in the mid-80s. It was after she was in The Labyrinth with the Rocketeer before. Somehow, their parents were friends, so she’d hang out with a circle of local friends. She asked him to go on a walk one evening and said no. To this day he’s always making fun for it. All accounts she was really good. © Reddit / DarcizzleOffshore.
- A mine friend from college dated Brad Pitt. If I recall it right they went on 2 or 3 dates. I went to another school but when I went to visit my friend, I remember meeting him. © Reddit / Bluegirl1965.
- A friend of mine’s mom was the late ’80s or early ’90s student at Boston College. She and her friend went with two guys, who were their age, on a double date. The whole date, these 2 talked about a script that they had written, and how it would make them famous. She and her friend subsequently agreed those guys were pretentious and kind of irritating. Those 2 men were Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. The script, right? Nice Will Chase … © WellNobodyToldMe/.
- My former boss went to Freddie Mercury on one date, when they were both 17. She said he was really sweet but there wasn’t anything in common with them. She said she never guessed he’d been interested in men too. © Tweak / Reddit.
- In 2008 I had dated Jennifer Lawrence. In Santa Monica, I met her at a yoga class. Before I met her I had no idea who she was. I always thought that she was cute and I started talking to her. She said I shouldn’t watch a lot of television, and she’d been on a crappy TBS series. She ended up giving me a class ride back home, and then I asked for her number. After that, we went out a couple more times, but I soon discovered she was just 17 at the time. Yet getting to meet her had been great anyway. After a few months since her career started to take off, I lost touch with her. Now, when I see her in movies, it is kind of a ride. © supabass18/Write
Preview photo credit Vittorio Zunino Celotto / Staff / Getty Images